Focusing on multiple faculty roles in residential colleges, the building of curriculum both in and outside of the classroom, and the most effective ways to create vibrant living and learning communities
- How are residential faculty leaders recruited, selected, and supported in order to lead residential colleges?
- How do you create effective curricular and intellectual opportunities in residential colleges?
- In what ways do you provide academic support in residential colleges?
- How do you catalyze intellectual curiosity in the midst of other types of sponsored activities?
Exploring collaborative partnerships between faculty, student affairs and academic affairs staff, the means of eliciting institutional support for living and learning communities, and the partnerships that are needed to support students residentially
- What best practices are essential for residential faculty and residential professional staff to work together?
- What campus partnerships are needed to support students and provide resources residentially? And how do you cultivate these partnerships?
- How have faculty, live-in staff, and facilities staff worked together for mutual goals?
- How can non-residential faculty participate in and contribute to the life and success of residential colleges?
Illuminating how residential colleges can empower students through governance, civic engagement, and intentional structures that support student leadership
- What governance structures are in place for students to have ownership over their experience?
- What are the roles in which students can gain leadership skills while serving their community?
- How do you create environments and cultures that empower students?
- How does the residential college context transform student residential staff in terms of their relationship with faculty, staff, and students?
- What reflections do alumni have of living and learning in a residential college?
Assessment & Evaluation
Addressing methods of evaluation and assessment of the residential college experience and the use of data to improve our programmatic efforts
- How have you evaluated programmatic efforts and assess the impact of the residential college experience?
- How is data utilized to sustain momentum for residential colleges?
- What methods, tools or systems of assessment do you believe are necessary to provide fair evaluation of residential colleges?